Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Magic, Medicine & Steve Jobs


“I’m haunted by a story I heard once about a biotech industry lobbyist who went to see a congressman and was told, ‘You guys don’t do innovation. The iPad. That’s innovative.’ As a society, it seems to me, we say that a lot. We value the magic box built out of many more basic innovations much more than what came before – and as a result, we overlook the work that is actually foundational.” 
-- Matthew Herper, Forbes science and medicine writer.
Herper’s full story, an exceptional an insightful read:


http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2011/10/31/why-steve-jobs-magic-doesnt-work-in-medicine/2/

1 comment:

  1. I’m haunted by a story I heard once about a biotech industry lobbyist who went to see a congressman and was told, ‘You guys don’t do innovation. The iPad. That’s innovative. wholesale medicine

    ReplyDelete